Mt. Zion Inc. is a non-denominational Church committed to be a dynamic spiritual body empowered by the HOLY SPIRIT to share CHRIST with as many people as possible in our lives, church, community, and throughout the world. To exemplify the New Testament model of believers who profess faith in Jesus Christ (Matthew 16:13-18). We are a Bible based congregation that encourages the teaching and training of Christian community through Worshiping God freely in spirit and in truth, Serving God gladly, Growing in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord, and Reaching Out to others in order to share the Gospel of Christ. The mission of the church is further defined as follows:
“Worshiping Christ by spreading the Gospel and Serving the Community”
John 4:23-24; Matt. 28:18-20; Matt. 25:35-40
To be a WORSHIPING church that freely glorifies, praises and honors God through
- Preaching and practicing the Gospel as mandated by Scripture(Romans 10:14-18; 1 Corinthians 1:18; 2 Corinthians 4:5; 2 Timothy 4:2).
- Glorifying God actively and openly (Luke 2:14: 1 Corinthians 10:31; Ephesians 2:21; 1 Peter 1:8).
- Practicing in responsible stewardship of tithes and offerings, talents and resources (Malachi 3:10; Romans 12:1; 2 Corithians9:7; 1 Peter 1:8).
- Proving a place where members and visitors can be strengthened through Christian fellowship, praise, prayed, and the study of Scripture (Psalm 133:1; Acts 2:42 and 46-47; Ephesians 1:6; Hebrews 10:25; James 5:13-16).
To be a SERVING church that comforts the congregation and community through
- Meeting the needs of people by proving ministry to the whole person which consists of spirit, mind and by (James 1:27; Luke 10:30-37).
- Being actively involved in an inter-generational ministry with particular emphasis giving to Multi-Cultural awareness and celebration from a Christian perspective (Song of Solomon 1:5).
To be a GROWING church that intentionally promotes discipleship and education by
- Obediently following the command of Jesus to have love for one another (John 13:34-35 and 15:8-14; 1 Corinthians 13:1-13).
- Centering our lives around God’s word through daily Bible study and encouraging others by example (2 Timothy 2:25).
- Training our youth by precept, example, and wisdom in the work of God’s Church, so it will continue in generations to come (Proverbs 22:6).
- Maximizing the use of the total church resources for continued growth and development of its spiritual goals (Colossians 3:17).
To be a church that REACHES OUT and seeks to spread the message of the Gospel world both in word and deed by
- Employing saints by the Holy Spirit to witness in our local, regional, national and global communities; to save souls and compel people to enter the Church for which our Savior died (Acts 1:8).
- Teaching others Jesus’ commands and baptizing them in obedience to the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20).
- Winning souls for Christ, both people outside the household of faith who have never confessed their faith in Jesus as their personal Savior, and those within the body of Christ who have confessed Him but for various reasons, have strayed away (Matthew 9:37-38; John 10:20-30).
- Spreading the Good News that Jesus loves everyone and there is no sin that cannot be forgiven when it is confessed (John 3:16; Matthew 12:32; Romans 10:9).
- Participating in an outreach ministry that demonstrates God’s love, power and His plan of salvation (John 10:37-38).